Gather 'round the warm glow of your computer monitor with your spouse and take a few moments to enjoy this blog together. I'll share tales about my glorious adventures as a husband (many of which will be made up). However, guys, there may be a few helpful hints in here of what to do (or not do) that can help you...keep a happy wife.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Technical Difficulties and Al Qaeda

As I was composing the latest installment of "Keep A Happy Wife" I encountered what I first thought was just a minor technical difficulty. Microsoft Word crashed. It not only crashed. It crashed as I was saving (or I should say "attempting to save") the completed blog post. No worries (as the Aussies say). Microsoft automatically saves the document for just such a problem, right. Ummm….wrong. It was gone and could not be recovered. Then when I tried to search the web for a possible solution, I got this message:
So, naturally I came to the obvious conclusion as to the source of the problem...Al Qaeda.

You may think this is a stretch, so let me explain. I had noticed that my blog had received a couple of recent hits from Pakistan (you'd be surprised the global reach of a modest little blog like this). Obviously, these Pakistani readers felt cheated after reading this post as burqas don't come in the "short, tight and low-cut" variety. With sweet justice being delivered to bin Laden, these terrorists had to down-size their plots against the Western Devil and declare jihad on the Keep A Happy Wife Guy.

Once I was able to get Internet Explorer to work, a few searches and I found these other interesting plots of the post-Osama Al Qaeda.
  • Replace the coffee in all Starbucks with Folger's Crystals.
  • Sponsor the North American comeback tour for Right Said Fred.
  • Launch the new hit reality show "Real Housewives of Abottabad".
As you can see, the terrorist mind never rests in finding perverse new ways to create havoc against our way of life. Stay vigilant, dear reader!

Regular programming will resume in this space next week.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Honey. His first blog-related computer glitch. *wipes tears* They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete