Gather 'round the warm glow of your computer monitor with your spouse and take a few moments to enjoy this blog together. I'll share tales about my glorious adventures as a husband (many of which will be made up). However, guys, there may be a few helpful hints in here of what to do (or not do) that can help you...keep a happy wife.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Going to See Kimberly William’s Husband in Concert


I have never been a country music fan. Then again, why should I be? I don't have a tobacco or crystal meth habit. I have never had my pick-up truck stolen by an ex-girlfriend/cousin. And none of my children are named after NASCAR drivers. Yet, somehow, I find myself in a home of Brad Paisley fans and will be going with them to his concert tonight in Louisville. Brad doesn't appear to be a typical country music star and the Yum! Center is a far cry from Bob's Country Bunker (where they play both kinds of music "country" and "western") so for my first country music concert, this could be interesting.

I say it's my first country music concert. That means I'm not counting the performers that wander around Dollywood. You know the ones with names like The Darlings, The Fred Ziffel Experience and The Oak Ridge Boys.

It's nothing personal as Brad Paisley seems like a very likable guy. He does lots of charity work, including the Water = Hope Campaign (a beneficiary of his current tour). He's married to Kimberly Williams-Paisley. Who is (a) a hottie, (b) star of "Father of the Bride", one of the top ten chick flicks that guys can stand to watch, and (c) was in "According to Jim" which starred Jim Belushi (brother of John Belushi, who as one of The Blues Brothers famously pretended to be The Good Ol' Boys and played a gig at Bob's Country Bunker). To recap: charitable…hot wife…Bob's Country Bunker. Does anybody know if this guy's music is any good?

If not for the wife and kids, I wouldn't be going to the show tonight to be sure. Most of the time, when we do things just because the wife wants to, it usually turns out great for both of us. Having to watch "Beaches" or go see "Mamma Mia" wouldn't fall into that category, but it is always a treat to do something fun together (let me be clear "Beaches" didn't fall into that category either and it is NOT on the top ten list of chick flicks that guys can stand to watch).

I'll post a concert review tomorrow in the "Reviews, Previews an Insightful Commentary" page of this blog. But, if you are at the concert tonight, look me up. I'll be the guy without a cowboy hat or Skoal stains on my jeans. I'll also be the one shouting "Freebird" before each song (or maybe "Stand By Your Man" or "Rawhide").

3 comments:

  1. Didn't you go see Mama Mia with us? Why would that NOT fall into the category of "turns out great for both of us"? I think I might-could be offended here.

    "Might-could" is something that someone would say who has a crystal-meth habit and has children named after NASCAR drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I thought of that too, but I wasn't going to "out him" on this own blog.

    For the record, he did shout "Freebird", but only once. And he stood by the stage during both opening acts to save a spot for me when Brad Paisley came out.

    He really is all he portends to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Mia did fall into that category of "turns out great". Beaches did not. Thanks for the comment Sandy and the wife, too.

    ReplyDelete